Conference season is well underway for the credentialing communities in the United Kingdom, United States and Canada this October. Over the coming month, the PSI team are packing our bags and jumping into planes, trains and automobiles to attend a series of major conferences for international test publishers, awarding bodies and regulators.
Here’s where you’ll find us during October:
- European Association of Test Publishers (E-ATP) Conference in London, UK on 11-13 October 2022.
- Institute of Credentialing Excellence (ICE) Exchange in Savannah, Georgia on 17-20 October 2022.
- Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) Conference in Leicester, UK on 20-21 October 2022.
- Canadian Network of Agencies of Regulation (CNAR) Conference in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island on 24-26 October 2022.
- Conference on Test Security in Princeton, New Jersey on 26-28 October 2022.
PSI is participating in sessions at all these events. And we are proud to be an E-ATP Gold Level Sponsor, ICE Exchange Platinum Sponsor, and CNAR Gold Level Sponsor.
A call for increased equity
Our leading position in the testing community and this busy conference season give us the opportunity to make a call for increased equity and the removal of unnecessary barriers for test takers. As well as offering a forum to share our experience in ensuring the validity and security of both in-person and online testing, gained from 75 years of testing and delivering more than 17 million tests annually.
The world of high stakes testing has evolved quickly and dramatically since the pandemic, with just under half (45%) of all PSI’s global certification tests set to be delivered online in 2022. As more organizations look at how best to assess test takers, we are leading and influencing the international testing community about the importance of innovation to deliver more equitable testing experiences – and the technologies and tools available to achieve them.
PSI conference sessions during October will advance the debate in:
- Finding the right mix of onsite and online testing.
- Approaches to test taker communications in the wake of COVID-19.
- Mapping the test taker journey and improving the experience.
- Diversity and inclusion through the assessment lifecycle and test taker journey.
- The latest trends in test accommodations.
- The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in assessment.
- Test taker reactions to online proctoring.
- Considerations for micro-credentials.
- Data forensics to increase fairness and test security.
- And more…
Emerging technology and changing test taker expectations – accelerated by the pandemic – are transforming the testing industry. We need to continue to adapt and respond to changing needs while ensuring tests remain equitable, accessible to all and built on a firm foundation of proven science, regardless of location and the technology used to deliver them.
Drop by and see us
We know that the testing organizations we partner with are deeply passionate about what they do – they know they are improving lives. In this drastically evolving landscape, we look forward to working with our clients, partners and the wider testing community to deliver frictionless test taker experiences that are equitable, accurate and fair.
If you are attending any of these October conferences, please do come and say hello to me or a member of the PSI team. Our experienced psychometricians, test developers and testing experts are a friendly bunch and we would love to have a chat about equitable testing – or any other testing topic you’d like to discuss